You will work closely with our CTO to help meet the day-to-day business needs by helping to coordinate the efforts and direction of the technical team. This includes planning, execution, and delivery of the product roadmap, fixing technical problems, responding to customer questions, and providing software development assistance to the Data Science team. Help transition prototypes developed by the Data Science team into highly available, scalable and performant end user products. Coordinate and coach other developers.
We are a fast-growing, research-driven company building an artificial intelligence that helps publishers overcome the challenges they face every day. Using novel machine learning techniques, we are revolutionising the publishing industry and have a track record of building things that others have ruled out as impossible. Leading names from around the world rely on our product every day, including The Times, Le Monde, The Guardian, Vogue and many more.
Our team is our best asset. We work with extremely smart and talented individuals, who all enjoy a high degree of responsibility and independence in structuring their work.
What you need to succeed:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• A degree from a reputable university.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
What you need:
• 4 years’ experience as a full-time developer in an OO Language (e.g. Java, C#, C++).
• A good familiarity with Java (SE8+)
• Agile development (scrum, Kanban, peer reviews etc)
• TDD & Continuous Integration
• An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
• Genuine passion for technology
• Experience leading a small software team, with strong project management skills.
• Experience with different types of database technologies.
• Experience designing and maintaining microservice based architectures.
• Experience utilizing AWS services.
• Experience building RESTful web services.
• Familiarity with common *nix command line tools.
• Experience working with React, CSS and HTML5.
• An understanding of software security and common exploit methodologies.
Do you think you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.